T.R. MARDİN ARTUKLU UNIVERSITY FACULTY OF TOURISM
  • /
  • APPLICATİON HOTEL (HISTORICAL ŞAHTANA MANSION)

APPLICATİON HOTEL (HISTORICAL ŞAHTANA MANSION)

About Our Application Hotel (Historical Şahtana Mansion)

It is known that the Şahtana Mansion, owned by the General Directorate of Postal Enterprises, was built by the Armenian family Karsaslar in the 19th century by the Armenian Architect Löl Serkiz. Şahtana Mansion was used as Memleket Hospital in 1930, after being used as a Palas Hotel for a period, it was purchased from Şahtanalar family in 1953 and started to be used by PTT. It was registered as "Immovable Cultural Property Required to be Protected" with the decision of Diyarbakır Council for the Protection of Cultural and Natural Assets dated 21.09.1979 and numbered 1933. Restoration works were carried out in 2011-2013 as a result of the decision numbered 3758 taken on 24.02.2011. The building, which is owned by the General Directorate of Postal Operations, has been rented to Mardin Artuklu University as a Social Facility and Application Hotel since 2010.

T.C. Mardin Artuklu University Rectorate